Business Valuation Analyst
At Chiampou Travis Besaw & Kershner LLP we are a locally-owned and operated full-service accounting firm providing businesses and individuals with assurance, accounting, tax, and business consulting services. Our Firm, located in Amherst, NY, has steadily grown since founded in 1994 to now include about a hundred talented professionals. Our diverse client base consists of businesses, high net worth individuals and tax-exempt organizations, with experience in various industries including manufacturing/distribution, construction, real estate, not-for-profit, healthcare and professional services.
At our Firm you will find that we are committed to maintaining high standards of excellence in delivering professional services that exceed our client's expectations and to creating an environment for our people which provides challenging opportunities and an enriching work experience. We have a caring and nurturing culture where our people individually grow and develop successful and rewarding careers.
This full-time individual will directly support the business valuation team by managing and performing business valuation and litigation support engagements. Types of valuation engagements include Estate & Gift Taxes, Charitable Contributions, Shareholder Disputes, Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs), Purchase Price Allocation and Goodwill Impairment Testing, Stock Options (409A), Buy-Sell Agreements, and Mergers & Acquisitions Transactions. Litigation support engagement consistent of economic damage calculations related to lost profits, contract disputes, forensic investigations, and other damage claims.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with clients to obtain necessary information and data
- Analyzing the information/data received
- Preparing drafts for client review
- Discussing results with clients
- Preparing written reports
- Supervising and mentoring staff
- Managing valuation projects within group
- Assisting in business development efforts
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Business Valuation experience preferred, but we will train the right person
- Managerial experience
- Strong relationship building skills
- Active in the community or professional organizations
- Analytical, problem solving skills and research skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with clients, peers, and others
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team