Brian specializes in State and Local Tax compliance and serves as one of the firms lead contacts in the area of State and Local Tax. In addition, he manages tax compliance and planning relating to Partnerships, S-corporations and Higher Wealth Individuals. His current clients include businesses in the contracting, manufacturing, distribution, real estate, and various other industries. His experience also includes State & Local income tax research, personal property tax, Real Estate tax and International tax issues specifically relating to US-Canadian cross border activities.
Brian previously worked in the State and Local Tax practice with a Big Four accounting firm where reviewed quarterly and year-end tax planning for corporations/individuals and consulted on various State and Local tax issues.
His selected experiences include:
- Supervise and review income tax return preparation and compliance
- Prepare and review Corporate, Partnership and high net worth Individual returns with gross receipts ranging from $250,000 to $50,000,000+
- Responsible for outsourced tax engagement for Fortune 100 company including sales and use tax compliance and consulting
- Firm contact for client State and Local tax issues
- Involved in firm initiatives including firm training, mentoring, and client satisfaction
Brian's professional and community affiliations include:
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership, CanAm Council
- Rural Outreach Center, Board Member
Brian holds a BS in Business Administration and Finance and completed the Registered Accounting Program from the State University of New York at Buffalo