At Chiampou Travis Besaw & Kershner LLP we are a locally-owned and operated full-service accounting firm providing businesses and individuals with assurance, accounting, tax, and business consulting services. Our Firm, located in Amherst, NY, has steadily grown since founded in 1994 to now include about a hundred talented professionals. Our diverse client base consists of businesses, high net worth individuals and tax-exempt organizations, with experience in various industries including manufacturing/distribution, construction, real estate, not-for-profit, healthcare and professional services.
At our Firm you will find that we are committed to maintaining high standards of excellence in delivering professional services that exceed our client's expectations and to creating an environment for our people which provides challenging opportunities and an enriching work experience. We have a caring and nurturing culture where our people individually grow and develop successful and rewarding careers.
As a full-time member of our professional staff, you would have bookkeeper responsibilities with a core focus in our Small Business Practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain files in Quickbooks for multiple clients including credit card activity, reconcile to monthly statements, generate reports based on client requests and generate monthly financial statements for CPA review.
- Working knowledge of financial statements (income statements & balance sheets).
- Accurately maintain customer and vendor data.
- Prepare invoices for clients, oversee accounts payable and receivables.
- Analyze expenditures and cash in various sets of books.
- Record payroll for clients, breaking out departments and various payroll taxes and withholdings.
- Maintain account records s including verifying, allocating, reconciling and posting transactions.
- Track fixed assets and prepare depreciation schedules.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Ability to build in-depth bookkeeping and accounting knowledge in accordance with government laws and procedures
- Demonstrate analytical skills to identify issues
- Ability to problem solve
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, manage time and accomplish results within deadlines
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Outlook is required
- Experience in QuickBooks