Business Valuation and Litigation Support Intern
At Chiampou Travis Besaw & Kershner LLP we are a locally-owned and operated full-service accounting firm providing businesses and individuals with assurance, accounting, tax, and business consulting services. Our Firm, located in Amherst, NY, has steadily grown since founded in 1994 to now include about a hundred talented professionals. Our diverse client base consists of businesses, high net worth individuals and tax-exempt organizations, with experience in various industries including manufacturing/distribution, construction, real estate, not-for-profit, healthcare and professional services.
At our Firm you will find that we are committed to maintaining high standards of excellence in delivering professional services that exceed our client's expectations and to creating an environment for our people which provides challenging opportunities and an enriching work experience. We have a caring and nurturing culture where our people individually grow and develop successful and rewarding careers.
We are seeking an intern to focus on supporting our business valuation and litigation support team on engagements. Types of valuation engagements include Estate & Gift Taxes, Charitable Contributions, Shareholder Disputes, Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs), Purchase Price Allocation and Goodwill Impairment Testing, Stock Options (409A), Buy-Sell Agreements, and Mergers & Acquisitions Transactions. Litigation support engagement consistent of economic damage calculations related to lost profits, contract disputes, forensic investigations, and other damage claims.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist team with obtaining the necessary information and data
- Analyze the information and data received
- Assist with drafting and preparing written reports
- Obtain Bachelors or Masters degree in finance, accounting or related field by May 2019
- Plans to pursue one or more designations (CVA, ABV, ASA, CPA or CFE)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong research skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with clients, peers, and other contacts
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team