Charles W. Chiampou
Charlie is a co-founder and Partner specializing in tax services for major closely-held corporations and high net worth individuals in the Western New York area. His clients include companies in the insurance, retail, food, real estate, lumber, and manufacturing industries.
He was also previously associated with the Buffalo office of a Big Four accounting firm where he was the Tax Partner in charge of the Buffalo practice, a faculty member at Firm National Training, and assigned to the National Tax Partner Evaluation Program.
His selected experiences include:
Almost two decades of corporate merger and acquisition experience.
Structuring and tax planning for over $100M of real estate limited partnership offerings.
Estate and trust planning for owners of closely and publicly held businesses, including the use of GRATS, GRITS, SCINS, defective trusts and family partnerships.
Successor planning and executive retirement planning.
Charlie's professional and community affiliations include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Erie County Bar Association
- Estate Analysts of Western New York
- State University of Buffalo Graduate Tax Program, Former Faculty Member
- Nardin Academy Board of Trustees, Chairperson
- Goodwill Industries, Former Board Member and Vice Chair
- Niagara University Board of Advisors, Former Board Member
Charlie holds a BBA in Accounting from Niagara University and received his JD from New York Law School.